1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck & Equipment lettering

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by RLM, Oct 11, 2011.

1. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Is it worth the extra cost to do reflective ? Just finally getting around to lettering my trucks, I only bought the cutter 3 years ago. Looking @ straight run vinyl is about $ 50/roll, reflective is $ 145/roll, both 10 yard rolls. The real good reflective (DOT conspuasy tape like) only comes in 50 YD rolls :realmad:
  2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Reflective is worth the extra $$$. Go for it and show us pictures of the install!!!
  3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Ditto...considering I spend between 200-300 per truck to get them lettered with the reflective. I'd say 145 for 10 yds is a pretty damn good price!....Even if you have to buy 50 yds at a time.......
  4. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Mike, I just got 2 rolls of 3m reflective vinyl. Cost me $300 ea. Going to do a new plow truck, new salt truck, redo an old dump truck, and new pusher. Should look great.