1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck doesn't have central hydraulics but spreader is

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by AintNoFun, Nov 9, 2006.

1. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

Just curious if anyone has any options i could look into for putting a spreader with central hydraulics on a truck that doesn't have it. Im looking to mount a spreader to our peterbilt and someone once told me I could get a pump that went under the hood for like 5 or 6 hundred dollars and would work well, but i dont know if they were right? any ideas. thanks
  2. snoking

snoking Senior Member

i can get you one just need year and make of engine does it have ac stuff like that then ill shoot you a price on it. itll be a muncie pump system
  3. K&L Salting

K&L Salting Member

central hydraulics

I have trucks that have an engine pumps, transmission pumps and small engine pumps to run the spreaders.You can reach me at 317 946-5342 and I will tell you the advantages and draw backs of each system.
  4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I was just looking at a friends new setup, hyrd salter, on a 2500hd under hood pump was installed, and tied into the main belt. looked like an amazing setup. It can be done.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I'd check into a PTO pump, if possible. Far superior and will be cheaper in the long run than a central hydraulics\clutch pump system.
  6. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

any ideas on cost or where i should look. the local plow dealers around here are nuts with pricing so mail order seems to be my best bet. thanks
  7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

price for cental on a light duty truck is 4-5 grand. pump $500, mounting bracket $500, electric control valve $1500, tank and hoses $500.... plus labor.
  8. Thebosssnowplow

Thebosssnowplow Member
    from pa

I carry a spreader made by truckcraft that is all electric that will fit your dump body. They came out this year. It s a tc 160, no hydraulics to mess with and just as much power.
  9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Ditto. Nobody said these setups are cheap, just reliable and worth the investment.
  10. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

so i have no other options than putting a whole central hydraulics system in. Id have no problem doing that if i planned on plowing and whatnot. but i dont want to plow with the truck, and it already has a hooklift so i dont need the system to dump. i want just the cheapest set up to get the sander running with out putting a whole new system on the truck.. i appreciate all your guys help so far... thanks
  11. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I just bought a central hydraulic system. It is a fan belt system with a SS spreader on a chevy 4500. It ran me $3000.00 for the hydraulics and $2700 for the spreader. I could have shopped around and saved a couple of bucks or installed it myself and saved a ton but the dealer gives GREAT service and I'm to busy to deal with it myself. I thought the price was good since now we don't have to deal with a gas engine on the back of a 4yd v box plus the western 4 yard v box was more money!
  12. 02 F550

02 F550 Junior Member

i have a question. i have a 10 wheel mack dump truck. i allready have the wet system. and pto runs off the tranny. can i just mount a pump off the front of the motor and plumb it into my hydraulic tank that i allready have. and then i can run a salter off of it. i know that i cant run it with the pto set up i allready have. any info would be good thank you.. also how much does the pump cost alone.
  13. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

How much does the tc 160 run $$$$??

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

use caution

check Truckcraft,com first for a list of dealers!!!!!!!!!! beware of this guy!!!! I have a TC160 they just came out this year, and the first production run started 1 Nov with only 25 units made, ALL ARE ALL SOLD>>> there looking to make 25 more in Jan 07

Sold for $4800.00 + tax I installed it my self under 4 hrs...

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

no you dont
  16. 02 F550

02 F550 Junior Member

hey how do you like your ls 185.b i had one but i had to get rid of it had a lot of problems with it.. hydraulic's, injector pump, and other stupid stuff. i ended up getting the track machine and i love it.

just make sure you use that machine before warranty runs out, good luck.

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

O problems !!!! I got one of the last 2 185B before the sticker change & price change ( Big $$) no problems, lots of power, I have a set of Loadering steel tracks for it, A local landscaper got the other one, & he has had all the problems, leaks... wont start.. but on the other hand I don't thing any of this workers can speak English, that might be his major problem.

I picked up a set of Snow Wolf tires & a blizzard 810 for it, this will be the first winter for this rig.
  18. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

Lot cheeper than hydo at $4800.00 What is the length of the unit from mounting bracket to mounting bracket. Just asking, as my dump box is 8' wide (96").
    Thank You for the info....
  19. baddogstew

baddogstew Junior Member
    from CT

Have you used the TC160 thinkin of buying one wanted to know if you liked it?