1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck crash

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by KMC, Jan 1, 2007.

1. KMC

KMC Junior Member

<a href="http://www.sikvid.com">
    <EMBED SRC="http://www.sikvid.com/media/808.asx" WIDTH=320 HEIGHT=286 type="application/x-mplayer2" name=MediaPlayer autostart=1 showcontrols=1 showstatusbar=1 autorewind=1 showdisplay=0 pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/"></EMBED><br />
    <span style="font-family:arial;">Powered by SikVid</span></a>
  2. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Ouch...Tht sucks..

What is that? The top of the Cab flying off?
  3. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

4. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

After watching the same peice a number of times it's the hood.

That sure sucks, guess that was a cement barrier test. :dizzy:
  5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

what is that a was someone driving that and did they mean to do that
  6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

watching it again it looks like they were racing
  7. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Yea, Now that you say that, and watching it 14 more times, I see it is the hood.
  8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks like it was done on purpose. It really looks like there was no driver in there and that van was just a chase van with another camera view. There is now way that was an accident. It looks like the brakes were neve applied. Maybe a this is what will happen if...?
  9. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

i hope your not serious, they test barriers for the DOT and what not, there are all kinds of videos like this out there, if you really notice it was some old parking lot
  10. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

You could learn a lot from a dummy
  11. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

12. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

They were testing the concrete barriers and nobody was in the truck when they did this test...Rob
  13. VAhighwayman

VAhighwayman Senior Member

Now that's gotta have left a mark...OUCH
  14. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

as mentioned before, they were being tested. My brother said thats what they have in Iraq when he was there. They use them for road barriers and such. Im not sure if that was a military test or not but it sure is nice to see what is protecting our troops!
  15. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

They use that type of barrier in Washington D.C. It’s in the form of box planters many times. It prevents vehicle attacks on a building.
  16. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Pretty cool video's, I too watched them several times, LOL
  17. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

18. spittincobra01

spittincobra01 Senior Member

If you look, it was strapped down and the strap broke... makes me wonder what I could use to secure mine better. I use 5 brake drums from a Mack truck for a rough total of 600 pounds. I currently have 2 straps winding through the center of each that are rated at 3000 pounds each, but from that video I wonder if the g forces would either exceed that or cause the straps to sheer. Anyone know what the stock hold down access points (pick up bed) are in a 1 ton truck?
  19. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i saw that vid a long time ago on another forum on on, its a kenitic energy test.