1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Craft TC-160 Lightning Anyone use it?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bah1491, Jan 31, 2014.

1. bah1491

bah1491 Member

We are replacing our current dump truck, and currently have a saltdogg stainless under tailgate spreader. Considering the Truck Craft TC-160 lightning unit.

Does anyone have any experience with this spreader?

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

They are nice units, a friend runs one and works well. I am in the process of purchasing the same unit myself. I also run tailgate replacement units on my inserts and no problems with them over 5 years. Why not just use the salt dogg on the new truck? Where are you purchasing it at also. My supplier is on the pa/ oh border and prices are the best around.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  3. bah1491

bah1491 Member

Our salt dog is about 8 years old.... Works great still, but we are buying new. New truck, new spreader, new plow....

My price quote was $5800 installed. How does that compare?

4. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

In my area TruckCraft is very pricey compared to the Dogg or Swenson. I think they are all nice but dogg has to be the best bang for your buck hands down!

5. Judo

Judo Junior Member

Turner Tractor is the cheapest around, hands down. They are located in Evans City, PA. They sell at what other dealers buy them for because they sell so much volume.

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

It is worth the 2 hour drive from cleveland there. Best price anywhere and Ray the owner is a good guy to deal with.

7. Judo

Judo Junior Member

This is right on. I got a price from a few other dealers around the Pittsburgh area before I decided to buy from ray at Turner Tractor and they were at 2000 more for a dump bed insert. In fact one dealer told me as soon as I asked for a price to call Turner Tractor because they can't buy them for what Ray sells them for. And yes, Ray is salt of the earth.

8. bah1491

bah1491 Member

Well I bought one.

Nice unit. If I new how to post a picture from my phone I would.

Just replaced our dump with a new 3500hd 9' dump bed , 9'2" boss VXT poly and the truck craft spreader. Plowed the afternoon I brought it back from the up fitter.