1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck craft insert with d-icer

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by sqvick, Jan 20, 2012.

1. sqvick

sqvick Junior Member

OK guys i found a used aluminum truckcraft insert for sale, it works fine but the d icer needs a spinner motor. The auger works and he has the control box, but it needs the wiring harness. Do you think its possible to make a harness up? and is it worth messing with for $3500. It will be going in a 2006 chevy 2500hd ext cab long bed diesel 4x4
    thanks for the input!

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is a good price if you get the insert and salter. Call Ray at www.turnertractor.com/ as he is my supplier for all my truckcraft supplies. He should be able to get you everything you need and at the best price and ship it to you. Thumbs Up

3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

it isn't worth more then $1800 without a working spinner motor, they are $700-$900. Wiring is cheap, but then what? What else could be wrong? Offer $1800 and I bet you get it. They also have electrical issues often, so keep that in the back of your mind.

4. sqvick

sqvick Junior Member

?????

do you think i would be money ahead to just buy a tailgate spreader? snowex 575?

5. Pristine PM ltd

No, they are great, and I just realized that I misread your post. That is for both the dump and the replacement tailgate? Sorry!!!!! That is a deal!!!!

6. Pristine PM ltd

Really sorry! I wasn't paying attention, you are looking at $1000 to get things all together and good plus install and you are way ahead from buying new.

Don't forget the tailgate!

7. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

That sounds like an outstanding deal! You'll be way ahead.

8. dooleycorp

dooleycorp Senior Member

you should be able to find a harness on the net for that unit good luck

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

If that is for the insert and the spreader that is a great deal!