1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Craft Aluminum Dump w/Tailgate salter???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ChicagoSnow, Feb 5, 2002.

1. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone uses the Truck Craft aluminum dump insert with tailgate salt spreader that they offer???

www.truckcraft.com

I would like to know spread patterns(adjustable?), auger able to break frozen bulk salt?

Thanks again,

Joe

2. Manx

Manx Senior Member

My brother in-law has (2) of them
    He loves them
    Told me he had tried all the rest and this was the best he had found.
    what I really think he likes is that there's not as much maintence
    Now he does have a problem of hiting things when the dump
    is up, but that's him and not the salters problem

3. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

One of our clients has one on a dodge 2500. It is used on community roads and cul-de-sacs in an elderly housing complex. This is their second year with the setup. Last year he complained that the spinner would cause the feeder trough to bounce around, so he had to attach some heavy duty bungies to hold the trough more stable and closer to the dump body. Their bulk salt is stored in a garage, so it probably doesn't get too frozen.

He paid alot for the unit though. The trough and spinner almost cost as much as the entire slide in unit (about 2/3 of the price).

Overall the truckcraft dump is a nice unit, and while alum. costs alittle, I'm sure it'll hold up for awhile.

If you have the dump unit in a truck already, get the spinner and trough for it. But, if your looking for a salter, get a vee-box as it will be half the price of an entire truckcraft setup; dump, and the spinner and trough assembly.

4. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i have a easy dumper eith a truck craft salter(all steel)

i had the dumper already and wanted to utulize that also

i also have a v-box and have found it much more efficient, although i can unload extra material very fasy with the inset dump set up

it will break up frozen chunks a bit ,and it does have a fuse if it gets jammed..........mine never has

5. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

I just found out that the tail gate spreader only is $3,500.

It is a high price for efficiency!

I still like the idea of aluminum and stainless steel used to construct equipment to spread salt!

What do you think???

Joe

6. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

sorry i meant the v-box is more efficient, that price of 35000 sounds more like a dumper and spreader....i paid 2000 for each of mine( 1 dumper and 1 spreader)