1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck color

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by westernboy16, Dec 12, 2005.

1. westernboy16

westernboy16 Senior Member

what is a good color for plowing.
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

roflmao:dizzy: :D :drinkup:
    What? I would think any except white.lol

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Seriously white or gray. But thats my opinion.
  4. me1223

me1223 Member

I reccomend GM#2452846685252354-ABJDIKD215456

seriously tho red, green, white, black, dark blue, orange, rust, pink, you name it you can plow with it.
  5. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

Black Ford truck with the XLT sport package so the grille matches the truck, chrome wheels, chrome running boards, and a chrome grille insert....with a bright stainless steel X-blade on the front...sorry just day dreaming...
  6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Who cares...It comes down to what you want to drive! I would guess white would not be great, but it you wan't it you could plow with it and a strobe light

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

White is the easiest to keep clean. The darker the truck the faster it looks dirty. Have owned black,dark red,dark green,maroon,brown,fire engine red and have white now. Black is the most work to keep clean.
  8. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Color for plowing... :dizzy: :dizzy:

How about what every color you like????:D
  9. Elsewhere

Elsewhere Junior Member

Actually white seems best. I have a dark green and the impact of snow hitting the side of the truck when plowing leaves white scratches in the clearcoat.
  10. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Pink. Go buy a pink truck. Or atleast one with pink polkadots. Argyle is another good option though.
  11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I agree... Its like by buying a red truck over a blue truck your going to make more money. Your paying for it, and your the one whos going to be driving the truck. Its your choice.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I don't think westernboy16 started it as a joke.
    I just could not help my self, and it snow balled from there.lo.
  13. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Don't know you will have to ask Westernboy...

Maybe he means visabilty while plowing.. if that is the case maybe a yellow or orange like state/muni's use....

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

WHAT EVER YOU WANT. :rolleyes:
  15. sawbones25

sawbones25 Member

Mine's two-tone brown with hints of rust...

I'll never lose it in a parking lot, that's for sure.
  16. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

Sand it to bare metal, give it a good salt rub with a hint of water... let it cure for 1 yr. then clear coat it, cover the seats in tan cowhide. Call er done! Gives it that great old look! :salute:
  17. westernboy16

westernboy16 Senior Member

NO, it was not a joke i was wondering what is a good color for plowing
  18. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Well what do you mean by this... good color for visability... good color for hiding how dirty the truck gets... be specific on why you want to know.. other wise you will get the answers you have gotten already...

If it is visibility.. white would be bad because snow is ... well... white...

Obviously the color of the vehicle is a personal preference and it has really little to do with plowing snow(i.e. a blue truck does not plow better than a green...). If you want to be noticed then get the proper lighting.. i.e at bare minimum light bar/beacon...
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  19. Richard Slayton

Richard Slayton Junior Member

My truck is silver and it seems to look clean even if it isn't
  20. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

propose built plow truck

When finished my truck will be painted orange