1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck choice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Mikemat31, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

Hey guys I have been doing snow removal for only 2 years. I am only 16 and I get my license pretty soon. I want a pick up my mom says I am going to look like a country bumpkin i was wondering if there are any decent sized trucks that aren't pickup so I don't look like a fool with my girl friend in it. It has to have a few seats because it needs to trasport friends and all.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

if you want something thats gonna be able to handle the work you wanna do get a truck. if you want something to haul your friends around buy a car or if you want both get an extended cab truck
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

^^^^ x2. I wonder what the insurance rates would be for a 16 year old driver with a truck and plow. Not cheappayup I am guessing. But like StihlGuy said you need to get a truck with an extended cab if you want to haul around your friends. At least a 3/4 ton also. Good Luck.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

F250 for plowing and a Cadillac Escalade for the chicks.
  5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

3/4ton with an extended cab. Stop worrying about looking like a fool I personally like bigger trucks but you will look more like a fool driving a honda ridgeline or something of the sort and doing work with it...
  6. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

where in nnj are you from?
  7. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

thanks guys. The insurance thing is something to consider however i am going to milk my parents for that for as long as I can. my dad can careless what car or truck I have as long as its safe. So I am assuming the bigger the heavier and the safer. In the end I am working right now so I personally think it should be my choice. and I am from Oradell, nj right next to paramus where abouts are you from JRS
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Paramus? is that where the psychic was taken to a motel room in ghostbusters?
  9. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

hahahaha i wish
  10. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

i would look for older Chevy Tahoe 96 or so put plow on it,
  11. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Also depends on what you want to plow with it- residentials are tougher with bigger trucks- bigger in this case meaning longer wheelbase so a club cab/extended cab truck with a long bed makes for a long truck and lesser to poor performance in tight drives (sometimes even a drive through or parking garage!)
  12. chas4x4

chas4x4 Senior Member

why is it that most everyone thinks you are a country bumpkin I guess if you drive around in a cadillac is a pimp.Get what ever you like to drive your the one that has to pay for it so you may as well enjoy.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  13. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

I happen to agree immensely
  14. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

There is nothing Country Bumpkin about driving a pick up.

As a matter of fact there is something women like about a pickup man.

"A bucket of rust or a brand new machine, once around the block and you'll know what I mean" - Joe Diffie.
  15. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

"You could set my truck on fire or roll it down a hill and I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe De Ville."

"I've got and 8' bed that never has to be made"
  16. Plow_Goddess

Plow_Goddess Junior Member

Why would you look like a fool with your girlfriend in a truck? :confused: Most girls like trucks :nod:
  17. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

"if it weren't for trucks we wouldn't have tailgates"
    "I've met all my wives in traffic jams"
    "there's something women like about a pickup man."
  18. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

hhahah im not disagreeing with you guys at all. Its just what my mom thinks and she is paying for the insurance. I am going to fight her tooth and nail
  19. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Get off your parents insurance and get your own, thats what I did and commercial truck insurance is sometimes even a bit cheaper
  20. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Holiday Inn, Classic movie sir.