1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Cap creates blind spot?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Lee1, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Lee1

Lee1 Junior Member

When I go down and my driveway (steep) and stop to look for oncoming traffic, before I push snow across the street because of the angle I cannot see to my right. Is there any solution to this without taking off my truck cap? Any opinions are appreciated! thanks Lee:help:

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Nope....caps gotta come off or put a camera over there.
    Can also change the way you plow it. Don't go across the street.

3. CHPL

CHPL Member

4. Lee1

Lee1 Junior Member

Thanks guys! think I will look into the camera idea, possibly put it on the rear view mirror and angle it towards the blind spot!

5. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

its done with mirrors . my spreader blocks my rearview.
    same deal with a fuel transfer tank pump if your an unsure "neck turner" . i see a lot of guys have the pump on the passengers side creating a blind spot , when there is a pump hole behind the drivers side . just a thought .

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  6. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

We run all our pumps on the pass side we have no issues with it.

also pushing snow across the road is illegal in some places.

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I use my mirrors all the time. I never look over my shoulder or out my rear view. I also use my backup camera quite a bit since I got my new truck but, I try not to rely on it.

8. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

I dont got a rear view mirror nor I can look backwards as my toolbox blocks my view :D