1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck cab on blaser chassis

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Rick Loncosky, May 25, 2005.

1. Rick Loncosky

Rick Loncosky Senior Member
    from 17557

Hi Guys, I have a 77K10 short-bed, that's been faithful for a long time but the frame is in bad shape. I have a chance to get a free full size 79 blazer rolling chassis. Has anyone ever swapped a truck cab & bed over? I haven't looked at it yet. Was also wondering if wheel base is the same? I can vision welding in the rear cab cross member and drilling some holes for the bed. Is there any major to does you can think of?
  2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Fram is quite different, you will need to do a deccent amount of fabbing and or you bed will need to get shortened ALOT front and aft of the rear tires
  3. PackRat

PackRat Member
    from Kansas

I've seen a couple done, with stepside boxes. Much easier fab, and pretty cool looking, too.
  4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I've seen it done a few times... in fact I purchased a parts truck at one point (its still here) that is a '65 Chevy body on a '73 Jimmy chassis.

They look ********--tall (4x4) yet short and stumpy looking (lengthwise).

Nice short wheelbase if it is a plow truck and looks don't matter.

I'd do it as a last resort only.... then wear a paper bag on my head when driving it. ;)