1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Bed

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Moose's Mowing, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

I got hit in the rear end the other week. I found a used 8ft bed. The ad says it's for 99-06 pickups. I have a 2004 2500HD. Is there any difference between the 1500 vs the 2500 as far as beds go, or do they use the same ones between the two? My truck is green, the bed I found is black (I think). I guess Maaco could do a ghetto paint job on the bed to make it match. I'm not overly concerned about that, it's just a work truck.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  2. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

Bed is the same frame is different between the 1500 and 2500 hd but the 8ft bed is the exact same 99-06.

3. Moose's Mowing

from SE PA

cool thanks. The bes ended up coming off of an 04 2500HD anyway. Gonna pick it up tomorrow. Lots cheaper than a body shop!

4. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

I hit a post last year and the back side got damaged. i have an 2002 2500hd 8ft, found a 8ft box off a 05 hd both fit the same.

6 bolts under the box and take off the gas cap.

5. Moose's Mowing

from SE PA

Yeah easy to take off. Think mine had 8 bolts. I took it off this fall to run new brake lines and de-rust the frame. Came off real easy