1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck and Trailer Snow Removal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Andy_d, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Andy_d

Andy_d Junior Member

Has or does anyone offer services to remove snow and ice from the tops of commercial trucks. I would like to know the approximate cost for removing snow and ice. If you have stopped or don't offer the service why?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I do it every morning after a snow fall with my trailer, usually have most of it gone within the first 5 miles on the highway.

This is kind of a messed up subject. States a trying to pass laws that require that trailer roofs be cleaned but to do so OSHA requires a person to be tied off if they are going to be up that high and manually doing the work. What are you going to tie off to in the middle of a parking lot and if i catch you walking down the roof of one of my trailers the only thing the tie off is going to do is keep your dead body from hitting the ground. There are products out there made for cleaning trailer roofs but they are perminate in place that require you to drive the trailer under them. Its a time consuming job to manually clear a trailer roof.

3. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

i got pulled by our local weigh cop, for snow on the roof of my cubevan... luckly, i was in a parking lot, and was told to clean it before leaving, or it would be a $260 fine... luckly, our pickup was near by, i could stand on the side of that, and clean it off..

i agree though, osha needs to talk with these people.... i see a local depo has staging set up to drivers to get up on...... still not a great thing when it's full of ice and snow..