1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck and plow combo

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by honda12967, Jul 14, 2010.

1. honda12967

honda12967 Member

I have a 2000 chevy 1500 4.8 v8, trucks 4 wheel but front end rides low. My boss found me a 2005 meyer minute mount c-8 7.5", the plow came with everything mounts and wiring complete set up for $1500. the plow came off a chevy 2500 it was only used a few storms. am i nuts for buying it will the mounts line up, will the plow be too heavy for it. To raise the front end should i change out the coil springs or put a leveling kit in, or is there an easier way

2. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

Find the installation manual for the plow online. The plow frame is assembled to fit the ride height of the truck iti is being put on. So the plow you have is going to be assembled for a 16" height from the road to the mount while your truck will be approx 13 inches. You will need to take apart the a frame ect on the plow and re assemble according to the lowest groung clearance on the plow's specs. After you do this you wil see that the plow should be about 6 inches off the ground at it's lowest point. I had to do this when I bought a used Western off a 2500 Dodge and installed it on a 08 silverado 1500. Even after reconfiguring the plow I installed 2.5 leveling kit by Ready Lift. Now the plow easily clears all curbs while stacking snow.

3. honda12967

honda12967 Member

did you have to do the wiring too, or was yours all hooked up. any good sites for the set up
    instructions. thanks

4. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member