1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck and Equipment Washing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnDLawn, Dec 9, 2008.

?

How often do you wash your truck and equipment?

1. Religiously

20 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. Weekly

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. When It Needs It

12 vote(s)
    25.5%
  4. Once In Awhile

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. Almost Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Whats Washing?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

How often do you wash your plow trucks and equipment?

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Try to rinse after every storm or at least once a week. The stuff left onsite never gets washed but it doesn't go on the road.

3. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

After every storm.

4. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

During the summer, guys wash their vehicles once a week. Durning winter, after every storm.

5. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

summer ill wipe it down everyday with a spray detailer in the winter atleast once a week minimum i hate salt all over my stuff

6. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

I didn't know we were talking about summer too......summer is a completely different story for me :D

Most of our trucks and trailers are lucky to get washed 3 times a year. Pretty much whenever I have a couple of guys work a Sunday to clean everything inside and outside.
    My 07 gets the dirtiest since I drive the most and am in material yards, nurseries, etc.., sometimes I go a month without washing it.....something about working 90+hrs a week :)

7. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I wassh stuff weekly. I like to save water so I take my weekly bath then too!

8. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

after every storm did that with my old 94 friend had the same truck. he never washed his but once a month well 2 years ago mine was still damn near mint he lost damn near the whole body

9. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Comes into the yard, gets washed and then put back into a heated building. For skidloaders left on site, bring them back after every 2 or 3 snows.