1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck accessories

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fisher42, Aug 15, 2004.

1. fisher42

fisher42 Banned

wut are some of the best truck accessories you guys have ever invested in? ex: strobes, engine parts, etc....
  2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

tow truck style 25' jumper cables
    air lift air bags in the rear for towing a bobcat
    3d mag light with holder so i dont loose it
  3. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Lights on your truck that face your bed so you can load salt. hood lights, so you have light to work on your engine or to see to jump start.
  4. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

what brand or brands or lights are good to mount somewhere in the bed of a truck for loading salt and where do you guys put them or mount them too? There are so many out there
  5. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I just get those lights from jc whitney. I mount them on my headache rack because I have 2 dump trucks and no pickups.
  6. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

The plastic vent visors they keep the snow and rain out well when you want to keep the window cracked.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Those vent shades are great!
  8. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I have vent visors, back rack with 2 hella 550 watt lights facing the bed, and rear of truck for backing up.they r mountd to a switch so i control when they r on. hide a strobes in corner lenses.k&n filter.exhaust
  9. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

GUN, Disposable Camera, Vent shades, Rechargeable Maglight & holder, Hide-away corner strobes, Small single bottle handheld torch, BIG HAMMER, & PRY BAR. Do not forget about the chain or tow strap. This is just a small list of what I carry with me.
    :waving: BOAST
  10. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Aux Transmission Cooler, larger alternator and a deep cycle battery, Transmission Temp Gauge, Backrack, Two bright reverse lights on either side of the backrack, one strobe light on the top in the middle of the backrack, Front Timbrens.
  11. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

My truck has lights facing forward and backward on my headache rack.. I also have driving lights mounted IN my rear bumper that light up when I'm in reverse. I have an auxiliary deep cycle battery as well.. Then I have a really good scanner, a CB radio so I can listen to the dump truck drivers and talk to the shovelers with the PA on it, an HF/UHF/VHF ham radio so I can listen and talk to the world.. Got a nice shovel in my bed, a big ole tow strap, heavy duty jumper cables (for the other guys I hope).. I see things all the time that I'm adding to my tool box on in the bed.. Also got one of those moving blankets that I can lay on the snow and get under my truck if need be. Big pry bar.. Hand held spot lights (one with a orange lense that will flash),, Jeez, mebbe I need to look in my tool box and start haulin some stuff outta there.. Oh yeah, got some coveralls in case I need to change clothes or somethin.. My 22/.410 is behind my seat and my 9mm is usually under it.. Long handled snow/ice scraper, work gloves, orange vest.. Bag o' munchies and liquid refreshments.. Oh yeah, I'll prolly have my 4 wheeler with plow blade on it and a small blower in the bed..
  12. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Also carry a chain, lots of tools, a big tire iron, jumper cables, small compressor for pumping up tires, shovels, rock salt, ice chopper, first aid kit a maglight and more. Also i usually plow wearing boots, nylon pants and a short sleeve shirt. However i make sure i have enough winter clothes in the truck (hats gloves, heavy coat, etc.) for when i need to get out or if i get stranded outside. I cant stand plowing wearing lots of layers while plowing it limits mobility too much. It never hurts to be too prepared.