1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TRUCK #2 for me!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by firstclasslawn, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Here is truck number 2 for me.

2003 2500hd 4x4 LOADED (everything but onstar and leather)
    8'6" Western MVP
    285 bridgestone tires
    plow prep package and locking differential
    14,000 miles

Bought this from a 60 year old man who NEVER plowed commercailly. He used the plow 6 times total!

NEw truck1.jpg

2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

That's very nice, I bet he maintained it at the dealer too. lol

Good luck with it!

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck buddy:D

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice truck...you can do some damage with your fleet!

5. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Not a bad ride, Jon. Where did you find that truck?

6. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

Nice truck, I see you are from west michigan. What areas do you plow, commerical or resdiental?

7. YUp

Troy, I found it in central Illinois! through autotrader.com

I plow mostly commercial, but I also do resedential, and i do all my plowing work in grandville, walker, and nw grand rapids.

8. Yaz

YAZ, he had all the maintanece done at a GM dealer, I had a buddy who works for gm run the vin and pull up all the service records!

9. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

do you mind sharing what you paid for it? nice truck btw.

10. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

That's funny.. My Dad is like that. His cars are always in tip top shape but he's pays way to much to get it done. For some reason I was thinking of that when you said who you bought it from.

11. trinitygrove

trinitygrove Member

Is that an LS? Noticed that it sags a little in the front end, crank those torsion bars a bit. Very nice truck, our next truck will be the reg cab/ long box. I plow with the ext. cab, sometimes not as maneuverable as I would like it to be. Go plow happy dude. Congrats!

12. Yup

The torsion bars are going up SOON! I paid $21,000. with the v blade included......a TOTAL DEAL! And yes it is a LS model. The window sticker of this truck was just shy of 35,000 and then the dude paid 4,600 ish for the v blade on top of that!

13. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Central Illinois huh, where at?

14. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Does it have the Duramax for that price??

15. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I want to add for that "sticker" price.. not the price you paid.

I bought my 05 2500hd for $22k new. Granted no options but if it doesn't have leather we are only talking about power windows/locks. I have tilt a/c plow package etc...

16. nope, no dmax

Nope, no duramax...I wish, but those are SOOO pricey used. The sticker was 33,388 or so. Here is kind of a list of the options that it has.

- 2500 hd LS
    - Plow prep
    - Towing packing with HD tranny cooler
    - 145 amp Alternator
    - Keyless entry with theft alarm
    - HD, 4 speed auto
    - Six way power seat
    - Dealer installed chrome tubular assit steps (nerf bars)
    - Polished aluminum wheels
    - Electronic shift transfer case
    - Auto dimming, power folding, HEATED mirrors, with turns signals in the mirrors
    - Front fog lamps
    - Clearance lamps
    - Dual zone climate control
    - rear window defroster
    - Cruise control
    - Mirror with compass and temp

I looked at a couple used 05's with 8k miles or so, but they had few to no options. I drive my truck Daily as well as work with it, and therefore i decided that I would rather have options than a little newer! Now on top of that sticker price was the 4,309 plow (Plus tax on the plow, but I dont know what illinois tax is) so all in all, I am very happy with it. ITs VERY clean, and a great truck! I found it in Eureka! Heres a pic to show how clean to engine is!

engine.jpg

17. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Definately turn up the T-Bars and you may want to think about adding timbrens to that. Also get some weight in the back if you have not alredy. Does not look good sagging that much, cant be good for the truck or handling in snow. Id put 800-900 LBS in back if I were you, thats a heavy plow.

Nice truck though, it just should not be sagging that much considering that it has plow prep, unacceptable on the part of GM/Chevy IMO.

18. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Out of curiousity, do you have any weight in the back of that truck? I would say 700 lbs. should do it.

19. Yes

There is about 350lbs in the bed right now....i also cranked up the trosion bars to raise the front of the truck 1"..... I will take another pic for you guys, because the front of the truck was in a hole a little too in that pic. Its MUCH better now......! thanks for any input guys