1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck 100% ready to go now!!!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Okay I finally got the truck all 100% done for winter. The salter was the last piece of the pie. Now it wont snow anymore, LOL :realmad: These were taken right after I gave it a bath from the last but of snow we got. Hopefully if all things go well thru the spring/summer I will be getting a Boss or SnowDogg for the truck. The Meyer has been good, but I am ready for something else. Plus the lights suck to say the least:gunsfiring:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

looks Good!

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, man that's a big hopper on that spreader good luck hope you have a good year ours started out very well. payup

4. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

Looks good. How much does that hopper hold?

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks!!! The hopper is very big on that thing, but I guess it is because they integrated the motor and vibrator on the inside of the thing. Will take a little getting used to while plowing. I think it holds 700-800 lbs.

6. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Holy smokes! Is that a photoshop?

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I think instead of buying a new plow. save your pennies and buy a ford with a nice fisher on it ;-) just joking bud nice truck. I am looking into getting a spreader. first I have to see if any of my accounts want salting done. right now a 5 gallon pal of salt and my hand and a glve work fine :)

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

No they are not photoshopped. What makes you think that?? That is my truck the way it looks everyday. Why would I photoshop that??
    I would buy a Ford, but the rest of my family would disown me, LOL. And there is 1 Fisher dealer around here. Not as popular of a plow in Ohio. I was using a push spreader before this, but I broke the piss out of it and I need to salt. Plus I am looking to expand more into commercial, so I will need it eventually.

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Ya once I had to do my old lot I had for one season a super 8 motel. so I paid my cousin $10 to sit on the tailgate to throw it for me last year. Ya my dad was a big big chevy and gmc man. but when I got rid of my old gmc he was disappointed with me until he took the f250 for a drive and he loved it. he was loooking into buying one.

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Great looking set up. I haven't even had my tailgate salter on this year. They block a lot of vision and my truck is already a bus. I'm sure it will be on before the end of the winter. I should put it on to make sure it works. $2400 and I used it twice last year. That's what you call back up. LOL

First plow I ever owned was a Meyer's and I hope I don't own another. You guys that own them and love them all the power to you, up here there are none.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  11. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Looks great Tom. That is one massive spreader. That snow deflector is something different. Never seen one taperd like that

12. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

No disrespect, that salter is a monster though. I have never seen one like that.

13. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks guys. :waving: Ya the salter is kinda big, but for the price and the fact it has a vibrator kit built in from the factory, I cannot complain. The snow deflector is custom, you cant buy em like that;) No just was bored and had a utility knife and a random idea, lol. I wish it didnt have a Meyer on it, but that is how I bought the truck. It will be the last one I own, that is for sure. They are popular around here due to them being cheaper and built right here in Cleveland.

14. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

What's the problem with your Meyer?

15. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

looks like that truck is taking the weight very well. That is one big spreader!

16. LesleinLawn

LesleinLawn Member
    from NE Ohio

I am allright with my Meyers. But I have never used anything else so what do I know!

I like that set up!

How much was the Salt Dogg? Where did you get it? What did you use for the snow flap?

17. Sydenstricker Landscaping

You name it, lol. Lately it has been fine, just the lights suck to say the least. And it doesnt move very fast or lift no where near high enough
    It does just fine with the weight. There is 800lbs in the back as it sits in the pics.
    Thanks!! I paid a grand for it, got it at Eshelman's over in Mentor. The flap was on the blade when I got it. It is some really thin conveyor belting or something. I need to get some thicker stuff. Flaps way too much for my liking

18. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

lagest salter award goes to this guy......that's like a baby v box strapped up there..j/k

nice set-up

19. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Bout time I win some kind of damn award, LMAO:D Thanks:waving:

20. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looking good, That spreader is bigger than I thought they were. Yeah fisher isn't very popular around here either because thats what I originally wanted