1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Troy bilt zero turn, no start.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 06Sierra, Jun 13, 2012.

1. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

My neighbor has a troy bilt 50” zt with a 22 hp kohler courage engine. He was letting me try it out and all was fine. I almost ran it out of fuel and after I filled it, it wouldn't start. It turns over fine, just won't fire. It is getting fuel and has spark. All of the safety switches seem to be working fine. Any ideas on what to check?

2. blazer_kid

blazer_kid Member

If all you did was run it out of gas im guessing you most likely have it flooded let it sit an hour or two and come back and try starting it.

3. 06Sierra

from Maine

It seems to be flooding very quickly. I pulled the fuel shut off from the bottom of the carb and that is working. It fired a couple times today and let out a little puff of white smoke. Then the battery died. Letting it charge and them I'm going to check the battery.

4. blazer_kid

blazer_kid Member

With running it out of gas you may have got a small amout of debrie in the carb and its not letting the needle and set seal completly. Take the bowl off and let some gas just run through then put back together and try it.

5. 06Sierra

from Maine

I was thinking that, but it finally started. I kept trying it a couple times through the day. Each time sounded more promising than the last. Ran it for a while and it seems to start fine now. I'll see how it is in the morning. Thanks blazer.

6. blazer_kid

blazer_kid Member

Hope it starts for you.