1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trout River Shuttle Floor Trailer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Bigfoot Brent, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

Does anyone on here have one?
    We have four at work (I'm the fleets mechanic) and have had quite a few problems with them, especially considering they are only 3 months old. We do however move 15 loads or just over 600 tonnes with each trailer every day. The manufacture has been helpful in trying to sort out the problems, but I am beginning to have my doubts about the design of the trailer in general.
    If anyone has had experience with Shuttle Floors please post your comments/thoughts.

2. ponderosa

ponderosa Member

do you mean a walking floor trailer it has a lot of slats on the floor that move, if thats the case what is the problems

3. Bigfoot Brent

No, its not a walking floor with the slats. It has a rubber belt with a moving wall pulled by a hydraulically driven drum via cables and pulleys. You can see it on their website or Youtube.
    The problems include:
    floor, walls,tailgate and rails cracking
    leaking hydraulics
    powered tailgates self destructing
    cable drums collapsing

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

A friend of mine has 2 or 3 of them and they are a few years old, He's had very little problems with them.

5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Cool trailer! A buzz box on steroids! Thumbs Up

6. Bigfoot Brent

So here we are another month later and we still only have one of the four trailers in service working. We have pretty much given up on the manufacturer sending us parts or correcting the trailers flaws/defects and as a result have sent one back to the factory so far. My boss has also asked for his half a million bucks back as well. Talking to the couple of guys that are trying to keep the 50 of these trailers running, one seems to think that Trout River gave them a pitchfork to move a mountain of grain so to speak. I just can't believe a company would build 50 such units with what must have been very little testing and then not even supply customers with replacement parts or repair them. So much for thinking that "Made in Canada" meant a good quality product.:realmad: