1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Troubleshooting Wireless Controls

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by jdh, Feb 24, 2007.

1. jdh

jdh Junior Member
    from 21666

I just installed a used7.5' Poly 29DP on my 01 Ram2500, but I can't get the wireless controls to work. The remote is brand new (with 2 different pairs of brand new batteries tried) and the plow itself is obviously barely used. I have power to all points: crossing the solenoid posts runs the motor, and crossing the 2 "mini" posts on the wireless receiver lights up the LED solid, followed by a few flashes, then it goes dark. Lights on the remote activate when powered on and when a button is pushed, but no button causes any result...nothing! How can I test to determine where/what is at fault? :help:

Thanks,
    Dog

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

http://www.snoway.com/service/Accessories/97100737g.pdf

Page four follow the instructions on programing the receiver. be patient.

3. jdh

jdh Junior Member
    from 21666

Thanks Basher, that did the trick and things are working perfectly....I had torn through the manual for the plow and probably wouldn't have found it where Snoway had hidden it. Now can you explain why all of the bolts in the mount kit had 1/2" shoulders when 2 of the connections to the center mount are threaded behind 1/4" plate!?!?!?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No I don't, lock washer and a conical washer or a 1/4" shorter bolt is the solution.