1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

troubleshooting plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by roachy, Jan 20, 2012.

1. roachy

roachy Member
    from NJ

I am getting my plow ready for some upcoming snow and the plow move fine up and down but only moves to the right and not the left. It is an older cable plow. Plow worked fine a few weeks ago so I dont think any wires are bad. I also just changed the hydroulic fluid so maybe air got in the line. Any help would be great.

2. roachy

roachy Member
    from NJ

Found ice build up in the pump. Was able to fix it.

3. fordman22

fordman22 Senior Member
    from ohio

did it fix the problem? i had the same problem and the cable wasnt adjusted right...just last nite when i was plowing my plow completley failed..no lift or angle...pulled it apart today and the filter was completly covered in crap.

4. roachy

roachy Member
    from NJ

Ya after removing the ice, the problem was fixed. How often do you clean out the filter? I recently changed the hydraulic fluid but have never cleaned the filter. This is my first year having a cable plow which I bought used.

5. fordman22

fordman22 Senior Member
    from ohio

well what the "crap" was was gasket material, and dont worry this is my 1st year with a cable plow i bought used to. i check it before the snow hits... and then check it every couple weeks. i will get some pics up of it whenever my phone quits being a b*%$#

6. fordman22

fordman22 Senior Member
    from ohio

here is that filter for refrence. 433.jpg

433.jpg