1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Troubleshooting Minute Mount 2

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by clobdell, Jan 17, 2015.

1. clobdell

clobdell Junior Member

I have an 8 year old minute mount 2 and this is the second year I have experienced this problem. Out of the blue my plow stopped working; wont raise or angle. I replaced the motor and worked fine. checked suction tube, filters, and reservoir for issues and none were visible. plow has worked well all season and now will not. motor engages and sounds to be winding or spinning like it cant engage but shaft seems to be secure. power definitely to motor but plow will not function. any help is greatly appreciated!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

When it won't work.....does the plow jerk or twitch at all?

3. clobdell

clobdell Junior Member

no. the lift arm will raise a little and then let back down but it wont lift enough to raise the plow. It will not angle either way at all.

4. dieselss

Ck the pump itself. Sometimes the gears will break off internally. Only way to tell is by taking the pump apart.
    Ck power to the coils as well?

5. clobdell

clobdell Junior Member

if this were the case what might be causing this problem because it has happened before?

6. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Check all your electrical connections; remove and clean then reassemble. Check your plugs for frayed wires or possible damaged or broken pins.

7. dieselss

The broken gear.....that's a maybe.
    The electrical.....gremlins...
    Bad connectors, connections, corrosion, controller...

8. clobdell

clobdell Junior Member

Motor works fine but I have had issues with my controller wire is loose that lowers; but it hasn't affected angling or lifting.

9. dieselss

Then you gotta test light the coils to the appropriate function while it's not working

10. clobdell

clobdell Junior Member

Thanks for the guidance; im headed out to tear this thing apart; again!

11. clobdell

clobdell Junior Member

Gotta figure the 1" of ice in the bottom of my resevior and the coating of ice around my filter could have reeked havoc. Just further proof that crappy hydraulic fluid is not the way to go!

12. dieselss

Thought you cked it?

13. clobdell

clobdell Junior Member

No same thing happened last plowing season and I thought it was the motor assembly so I purchased another placed in on and the plow worked fine up until recently. I did however use atf to test it and never changed it out. How can I test the coil? I removed the whole assembly, motor, pump, reservoir and hoses to bring inside and thaw in the event there was ice throughout.

14. dieselss

First. Drain all the fluid..even outta the rams. Then take off the res and clean all that out as well, filter, magnet, canister. Then reassemble, fill with plow oil, then see what is going on.

15. clobdell

clobdell Junior Member

Great info deselss. got her up and running and used quality oil this time. thanks for the help.