1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Troubleshooting ESOF

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by RobbieB, Feb 19, 2009.

1. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I am currently troubleshooting my ESOF that's inop, 05 250 5.4. I have good vacuum from the engine but no pulse coming from the solenoid when the truck starts or runs. I checked the cartridge fuse under the hood and the two 4x4 fuses in the interior panel, all check good. I ordered a new vacuum solenoid to eliminate that. That's the only thing I can think of. My hubs are good, tested and true for holding vacuum. Any other ideas I am missing?

2. broncscott

broncscott Senior Member

you could bypass the switch with a hose coupler and hook the vacume line to the line to the hubs

3. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I just put the new solenoid on, gotta wait for lunch to test it. When I disconnected the vacuum lines I heard a huge air sound, must have been the canister letting loose with it's vacuum.

4. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

Still no workie!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what else to try other than if anyone knows what the voltage should be at the solenoid and what wire goes where.

5. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

Did you ck to see if you get vacuum out of the sol. now? ck to see if you have vacuum at the hubs? do you have a scan tool to ck for codes?

6. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I am getting good vacuum out of the solenoid now but the hubs still aren't locking. I have a scan tool and no codes. I am taking it in to have our mechanic to put on new unitized hubs and auto locking hubs in a couple weeks. Probably be fixed for summer. ha ha

7. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I'm thinking that there's a leak in the line going down to the hubs. I just got a hand vacuum kit to try and troubleshoot it.

8. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

Check to see if there's any moisture in the lines that could be frozen and blocking the line.

I'm curious, what is the Part# of the solenoid you got? The one I have is 7C3Z-9H465-A

9. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

That's the same one I got. $47.49 from the dealer.