1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

troubleshoot / tech question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by KINNCO, Feb 7, 2007.

KINNCO Senior Member

Uni-mount, No left-right, when I use controller its tries to move but won't.
    Motor is working.
    I have up and down :help:
  2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

KINNCO Senior Member

I can't open that link?? What does it say?? can copy and paste here for me. I need to get back out there and plow.
  4. DJ Contracting

Go to the Western web site

I the upper left hand corner you can go to Westerns website and look up troubleshooting check list click on the Western logo and follow the steps anyway hope this helped.

KINNCO Senior Member

thanks DJ
    I worked with the bumper plug and it started working fine until I lowered it..
    then it wouldn't do anything ! Tightened all cables external, and under the hood.
    Chabingo-Chabongo all is working for now. Ah yes..forgot to mention that a power steering hose clam from my cooler came off last night 10 degrees, I had to take off....plow ....front bumper...re-tighten clams, find more PS fluid, happened again hour later..oh have a good one
    Back out I go
    I download reader 8

Killer :gunsfiring:
  6. DJ Contracting

They have a great troubleshooting manual it's helped me out quite often, good luck and make as much money as you can.
  7. FIREMEDIC2572

FIREMEDIC2572 Member

I used to work at a "manufactured housing" community....I am trying to be politically correct. Anyways we had a 1995 chevy with a unimount and had similar problems. Try making sure all the pins are straight and clean both sides with brake cleaner and then put some fresh dielectric grease on those pins.

Just my 2 cents worth
  8. have same problem make shure ground is good at plug otherwise the unit will try to ground any way it can!!clean and greased and zip tie together if you have to
  9. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

uni mount

you will probably have to replace the plow and truck side plugs ,it is a common problem the pins get loose and loose contact if you can move the plug around or wire tie it together then they are loose.