1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trouble with Meyers mini

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tgaskill, Nov 5, 2008.

1. tgaskill

tgaskill Junior Member

I'm hooking up my mini to a different truck and my controller isn't working. The blast will work and spin the motor but the "on" doesn't work? Red Wire to the spreader other red to the battery, black grounded, blue to the fuse box.

Any suggestions or things to test?

2. BK Hammer

BK Hammer Member

Make sure that the blue wire is hot when your ignition switch is in the on position and that the blue wire has current going to the control box. Also, my control box has a reset switch on it. I don't know if it resets the on side or the blast side or both sides of the controller. Sounds to me like you are not getting power to the control dial. Another test is to find a controller that you know is good and connect to it. Check all fuses. Re-check ground. Good luck!

3. tgaskill

tgaskill Junior Member

The resistor went bad in the controller. Called my Meyers dealer and they wanted almost $500 for a new one. Got a new buyers controller off ebay for $139 had it in 2 days. Up and running!