1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trouble with lights on extreme v

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by salt dogg, Nov 18, 2011.

1. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

So as the tittle says i am having trouble with my intensefire lights on my 9.5 extreme v. The problem is that i cant get the running lights to work on either side, blinkers and hazards work fine as do the headlights. After doing some reading on here I checked the splice in to my headlight parking lamp and that looks good. I checked the fuses they were not blown but replaced anyway. Also i changed the bulbs with the ones in my truck lights and still nothing. All the wiring looks good i checked it back all the way. Any ideas? only thing i can think of is the bulb sockets but didn't think they would both be gone.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

So the 15 amp fuse under the hood is good?Do you have a multimeter to test to see if you are getting power to it? Port 2 brown wire while the plow is hook up see if you are getting power.I don't think it would be both sockets at the same time.

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Make sure the male and female connections are on there proper sides. It is easy to flip them and have the letters that match up on the wrong side as instructed. This may seem confusing but look at the wires again that hook up the lights and read the directions again. Good Luck.

4. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

so i guess i should have mentioned that all of my lights worked at the end of last season. All of the wiring has been in the truck for four years trouble free until now. I did hook my truck up to another plow today and still no parking lights. So i guess its def truck side. I did check all the fuses again and they look ok. Headlights work fine, blinkers work but no solid parking lights. Any help would be great.

5. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Either put a new fuse in or test the ones in there. I have seen blown fuses that looked fine. How is it spliced into the factory park light wire? How did you check it? If you don't have one, pick up a cheap little test light. Those are nice to have when you are chasing problems like this!

6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

you should have a butt splice with heatshrink covering the splice.

7. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

yes there is a but splice with heat shrink connectors behind the headlight on the green wires and it looks fine. I was thinking that if the blinkers work than the fuses would be fine, although i did replace them all already. I am thinking that it must be in the truck side connector that goes to the plow. I will try and test it tomorrow.

8. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

So i picked up new bulbs and a test light today gonna try to chase this down on thursday. I just had one question, is it possible that the module is the problem?

9. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

I do have power to the port two brown wire. Everything else looks good fuses, connections and ground. Is it possible that it's the module?