1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trouble shooting question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NoSnow, Sep 12, 2002.

1. NoSnow

NoSnow Member

Put my meyer power angle plow on last week. It set for 5 months. Problem I have is the lift and angle, seems to always want to turn to left regardless of switch used. It is a 2 toggle control. Sometimes it works correct, mostly not though. Was working fine when removed, all that was disconnected were the two hydraulic connections.
    I was thinking electrical (solenoid or switch), but any ideas before I get started.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

NoSnow, I had basically the same problem. Fisher plow. It would raise but not angle left or right. Always acted like it wanted to angle right no matter which way I pushed. Turned out to be a bad connection in the harness. I cleaned all connections that had been exposed to the elements over the summer. Works fine so far.

3. TurfPlus

TurfPlus Senior Member

Check C coil (green wire) for magnetism. If yes check o-rings. If o-rings are good replace C valve or quick disconnects. If coils doesn't have magnetism check power to coil. If it has power replace C coil. If it doesn't have power check switch and harness.

John

4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

C-coil

Welcome to Plowsite. Do you need the plow already?

Not going to be a pain, but do a search for meyer. This problem has been discussed and solved a few times.

5. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I suggested, at one time, a "Meyer C Coil" forum....

6. NoSnow

NoSnow Member

Thanks for the replys, I hope to get into it this weekend.

Not needed yet but around here any time this month could get a snow.

My plan is to get the plow in good shape and sell to finance dump bed. If not sold I'll probably look for sub work. I've plowed with this truck over last 10 yrs but did not own it. Always let the boss take care of repairs and my fault for not learning when I had the chance.

7. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

AHHHHHH!!!!

The lesson we learn from our mistakes are the ones we remember most!

Always watch and ask questions where ever and when ever possible.
    :nod:

8. NoSnow

NoSnow Member

Finally got to it-seems always a mower, aerator, chainsaw, trimmer, something else to fix that had to come first.
    Changed fluid, cleaned filters, cleaned all conection, found a wire almost broke at a solenoid.
    Couple hours this am and works great.

Much thanks to all who took time to help.

9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You're welcome, NoSnow. Now, you get to stick around and help the next guy (or gal) :waving: .