1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trouble Reconnecting Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by blade11, Mar 15, 2004.

1. blade11

blade11 Junior Member

Hi all,

I woke up this morning to hear 2-5" of snow forecasted for tonight. So I reconnected the plow on one truck and am having trouble with the plow on the other truck. It is a Meyer e47 unit and when I hit the "up" button on the keypad, there is a small clicking noise coming from under the hood. There is no power going to the blade to lift it up. Any suggestions for troubleshooting? Thanks in advance for your ideas!

2. LHlandscaping

LHlandscaping Junior Member

Try to clean the solenoid. That's most likely your problem. Clean off the terminals and then put some continuity grease on it. If that doesn't work try another solenoid. I just replaced mine "Western" for around $15.00.

3. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

Clicking noise is almost ALWAYS the solenoid. Other times it is a weak battery or dirty terminals. Start with the cheap ideas first! "continuity grease" also known as die-electric grease and you should use it every time you have electrical connections in the outdoors

4. Don.EMS

Don.EMS Junior Member

Just had that problem with my Boss and it was the inline fuse at the Battery. Hope this helps

5. Don.EMS

Don.EMS Junior Member

Blonde Norwegian 65 model, nice choice, I went with 73 had her for 10years now and look as good if not better then the first day.
    Thay hold there value well. hahahahahaha

6. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

lol..
    I currantly am running the '67 model southern California red head, still starts up... with in 2 or 3 tries... most times... rear end is starting to get a little play in it ... dont understand it, sometimes it makes alot of noise, I have to add fluid to it quite frequently.....must be a leak somewhere .
    been lookin to trade up to an '80 to '82 model but the sticker shock sets in...and the dealer options puts the newer model's just outta my reach..

guess ill stick with the '67 model a few more decades.. :D

7. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

Blade11
    check the power connectors.
    if you have the quick connect @ the pump disconnect them and clean them, mine does that atleast 1 time every winter and its the ground @ the quick connect.

8. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

im currently restoring a 82' brunette model #615. Its a real cash guzzler, im trying to make some minor mods to see if she cant get a little better cash milage. ill let you know how it turns out

dsc00028.jpg

9. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc Member

I had the same problem on my new blizzard during the first storm. I thought it was the solenoid as well. But being a new plow I called the guy that installed it. He came out and found out that the brushes in the motor wern't making contact with the wall. So adjust them and away I went.

10. Don.EMS

Don.EMS Junior Member

Five Star I could allwas use a spare when the oil is being changed in my 73, so if you help a brother out that would be cool. hahahaha
    Also I'm digg'n the wood panel'n on the wall.

11. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

if you like the paneling then you would really like the ceiling....its white stuco with fake 12x12 wood beams

12. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

Grounds, Seems I am always fighting corossion and it is usually do to a bad ground somewhere. Fought with my fisher again this AM trying to get it to work. Yep bad ground. I always wondered why my truck, with 100s of connections, dosen't have any problems but the plow, with what 10 connectors, is always screwed up. Had a myers, had electric trouble, have a fisher, (under hood hydrolics even) and still have electric problems. I am going to try Boss next, someone has to make plows with corrosion proof electric. They should just copy the way vehicles are wired.

13. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

someone does make plows with corrosion proof electrics

its called central hydrulics....i love my hydro plow and salt spreader...i dont know how i did without them for so long.

14. Don.EMS

Don.EMS Junior Member

Hot chick, kick'n paneling, choice ceiling, 99 C6500 10' blade, DUDE your liv'n large. Oh ya have we figured out that electrical problem yet?

15. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

You said it best........by the way, what electrical problem?!? hehehehehe :D

Chris

16. Don.EMS

Don.EMS Junior Member

hahahahaha tru tru