1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TROUBLE plow motor runs but doesn't move very well

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JerseyAnthony, Jan 28, 2011.

1. JerseyAnthony

JerseyAnthony Junior Member

Hey Guys,

So my truck and plow have been doing great this winter after sorting things out but last night i ran into a problem. I used my truck for 2 days straight of plowing with not a single problem. I went to my shop and parked the truck outside for like 5 hours. When I came back out to raise the plow the plow motor ran but the plow hardly raised. Once the plow was up the same thing to move it left or right, motor runs but doesn't move and when it does it is very jerky. Also there is fluid that has formed almost a sweat around my breather valve. The plow is also easier to move right then it is left. The motor, S3 coil, and fluid and filter have all been changed just at the beginning of the season, and I used fisher blue fluid as well as an oem motor and S3 coil.
    Please let me know what you guys think could be wrong with my plow, I'm going to change the fluid and blow out my filter today for the possibility that there is water in my fluid gelling it up, then if that doesn't work move on the maybe pressure adjustment. Could this possibly be my s2 coil now bad?

Thanks In Advance
  2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Clean and dry your grille connections and apply new dielectric grease. Sometimes when the connections get wet this happens. Easy enough to eliminate that possibility.
  3. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

ice in the oil? Take off resivior and check it out.
  4. JerseyAnthony

JerseyAnthony Junior Member

Well I found the problem so besides the water in my oil, My filter hose fell off causing it not to pick up any oil, hence the jumping around changed and drained fluid, and flushed with fresh fluid in all rams and filled up cleaned filter good as new.