1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trouble hooking up my Hiniker

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by raptorman03, Jan 26, 2005.

1. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

Ok guy i need some help here im tired of man handling a 750lb blade back and forth to get it on.

When i pull up i drop the blade,and I put the foot down and unhook everything. I can't just back up i have to kick the plow loose and then i will come off,and when im backing up the top mount just falls farward hard. Now when I go to put it back on i have to hold the top mount where the lights are up strait and have my wife drive in to the plow to hook it up. Then im shaking the plow back and forth to get it lined up THIS SUCKS!!!! . Im wondering why my blade will not sit up like it should when i take it off.Am i doing somthing wrong here?
    :confused:

2. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

Been There Done That

When you go to unhook the plow you need to add another step. Before you unhook the wires get up on the plow and put you foot on the top of the ram and push it all the way down (I usually stand on it to make sure its down). Then unhook everything that is left. When you back off of it it should come out with some ease. You need to make sure that the ram is fully compressed before you unhook the wires or it will not work.

When hooking it up it doesn't always want to go all the way in, at least on mine. So what I do is get it all lined up and get the forks set up in to where they need to go and give it a little punch on the gas. Yes it does end up moving the plow about a foot when I do it but it sets 95% of the time after I do that.

This should work for you. If not I will check back. Sorry about the long detailed response.

Aaron

3. moel

moel Junior Member

i push a small berm of snow in front of plow, then set plow blade at about 6" up from base of berm to elevate the prong receivers for next entry, then have i have the snow berm there for next time to push into and help with hook up!

4. raptorman03

What do you mean by steping on the ram?

5. moel

moel Junior Member

the center cylinder "lift/float" ram needs to be stood on to take all the float out of it(will depress about 2" further)

6. raptorman03

do guys have a pic of this spot im going to step in, im having a brain fart!!!!

7. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

Let me see if I can find a picture of it some where or get a picture taken of it.
    Aaron

8. raptorman03

got it thanks Mowey

9. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

What they are saying is you have to push the lift cylinder all the way down like on most of the newer connection systems. By doing this this will allow the forks or what ever to be moved relatively easy in the z-axis (up/down) to aid in align in the mounts since the chain will now have slack.

10. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

Glad you got it figured out. If you ever need anything give me call, you got my number. We should meet up sometime out there in P Hill.
    Aaron

11. raptorman03

Yea thanks man its much better now. Yea any time man the beer is all ways cold here!!! :drinkup:

12. beungood

beungood Member

Hiniker = Quick Hitch?

I thought the Hiniker Plows are billed as Quick Hitch or something like that? I am in the process of buying a plow and am considering either a Blizzard Power Plow or a Hinker Poly C-Plow. Anyone run any of these?

Jack

13. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I run a Blizzard 810 power plow. What kind of plowing are you going to be doing? Residential, commercial, big lots, What? Then I can better advise you.

14. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

hey if your getting ready for this weekend, your gonna scare if off by talkin about this!! :waving:

15. raptorman03

I would not buy a Blizzard Plow just because of their paint issuses.

16. Pete7

Pete7 Member

Which would you recommend for residential and maybe a small commercial?
    Pete