1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trouble finding a plow for my "new" '79 F250

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by durcrim, Nov 2, 2008.

1. durcrim

durcrim Junior Member

Hey all, I know this is my first post, but I swear that I searched first.:D

So I'm having a bit of a problem finding a plow for my "new" truck. Like the title says, it's a '79 F250 4x4 with a 460, a C-6 auto, and a np205 t-case. It has the common Dana 60/44 combo for the axles.

So when I searched it looked like both western and meyer make a plow set-up for my truck. The problem is though; neither of their website's list anything for my truck. I guess it could be because it's so old, or maybe they stop manufacturing plows for this truck because they probably aren't in very high demand:jester::jester:

If anyone know's of a company that still makes, even just the bracket's for this truck it would be great. Thanks for the help!
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to the site. You may have to search for used mounts. Call any dealers and ask if they have anything used.
  3. durcrim

durcrim Junior Member

4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I believe Western goes back to 82 ford 250's for the ultramount. this mount is not too far off from what you have. Only minor fabing should be required. we did the same mount this winter for a 78 250 with a 6.9 diesel.
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

There are lots of old Fisher plows out there. An old 8' quik switch would work great for your truck.
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

There's a Fisher push plate set on Ebay right now for your truck. I'll try to find it.
  7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran