1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trouble Filling Gas 2006 F250

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Jaynen, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

I have trouble filling gas on my 2006 f250 SD with 5.4l engine. I suspected it was the charcoal canister so i disconnected the line after the canister but before the solenoid. That didnt help. So i then disconnected the whole charcoal canister and it worked! I could fill up fast without the pump clicking off. So i replaced the canister with a new one. Went to the pump and its clicking off again. I thought maybe a kink in a line somewhere but everything seems to be in good shape. Any ideas? Can i blow compressed air through the lines. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

There is a vent tube in the filler neck. Check it.

3. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Ya its aluminum with no dents. It goes to a tee which i can see but i believe one goes to the gas tank and the other the charcoal canister. No evidence of any dents or kinks.

4. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

Maybe blow low pressure air through it before you drop the tank.

5. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

So this may or may not help. At my job we have a bunch of fords with reading utility boxes. They all fill super super super slow! The problem is the roll over ball gets messed up when the box is put on. I'm not sure if yours is just a pick up but its a possible idea. Take the vent tube out and check for the ball remove it and see what happens