1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trouble code on 06 pickup

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by QuadRacer041, Jul 31, 2012.

1. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 Senior Member

As if the problem with my 09 wasnt enough, now I have one with my 06 2500hd crew cab. Got a trouble code po300, misfire. Any ideas on where I should start? Truck seems to run great.

2. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

check plugs and coil first. random missfire, might just be enough to set the light off, not enough to notice in the seat.

3. QuadRacer041

How do i tezt thd coil packs? Truck has about 60k never had a tune up.

4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Just like you test a 9 volt battery, stick your tongue on it and have somebody hit the key. If it zaps you, its a good coil (JUST KIDDING, DO NOT DO THAT). You should be able to probe the terminal side to see if there is an open in the loop side of the coil. My suggestion, espically if they've never been looked at is put some dielectric grease in the end of the coil boots. You may just have some carbon trails causing a multiple random misfire, espically under load

5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Most commom is performing crank relearn. Fixes all the ones I service.

6. QuadRacer041

Howdo i do that?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

8. QuadRacer041

How do I do it????

9. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

You will need a fairly good scan tool.