1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tropical New England

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bolensdriver, Dec 23, 2004.

1. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Is anyone else feeling the tropic air? We have only SMALL snowbanks left now... and we originally had 3 inches of snow earlier.... in fact, there was even slush on driveways and sidewalks. Now it's like 50's or 60's outside. WARM!

Not bad.
  2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

this wont last long
  3. danno

danno Senior Member

TROPICAL STORM ! :cry:
  4. Ripple

Ripple Member

for sale

High 50's here in Penna.
    FOr sale sign going on plow truck!
  5. bolensdriver

Why? There will be snow in Pennsylvania soon!
  6. empire

empire Member

more room

Good now I will have more room for fresh piles.not good if you have removal eqip.
  7. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Beginning to wonder. Maybe the start of 2005 will be better. crossing fingers, toes and everything else. I'm dying to try out the new blizzard poly cutting edge.
  8. millratf250

millratf250 Member

its all my fault i had to buy a new f-250 and a 8 HD fisher plow :cry:
  9. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

We got a healthy dose of rain tonight. It was really great. My spirits soar when it is rainy and overcast :eek: No snow left to speak of here. I can't wait for the next sleet storm.
  10. WELDER

WELDER Member

all i want for christmas is ................LOTSA SNOW!!!!! :redbounce
  11. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

Well Guys! its TRUE! the Weather Getting a lot Warmer!--here in central MAINE! back yrs AGO! {40} rigt after Thanksgiving Dinner!--4 PM--Our Family used to GO ICE Skating On the Kennebec River! as the local ICE Co used to CUT ICE!--& that Area was Lite UP!--I remember back in 1947 there was 18 inches of Black ICE On that River! Now Its 100 % All OPEN!--& just before this RAIN! only the Edges Froze!--w/ lots of Pieces floating in IT! & SNOW?-We Used to Get HAMMERED!--Now mostly Sleet & Freezing Rain!--& yrs AGO! a Foot of SNOW storms were the Norm!--back in 1952 the BLIZZARD We got 54 Inches over a three day Period!--High School was Let Out at NOON & three of Us Boys 18 yrs old all lived near one other--We didn*t get very FAR! by 4 PM--We were Waist Deep in Snow & had to Walk Backwards!--a Neighbor on a Draft Horse! w/Snow up to the Horses Belly Broke a Path for US!--But We had to Quit!--Couldn*t See!--Snow Blowing so Hard! We all spent the Night at a Neighbrs House! I was Two Houses from HOME!--& NOTHING Moved for about a WEEK!--No Schools No Businesses--Nothing!--& after SNOW DRIFTS UP to the cross Bars on Telephone Pools! about 30 ft I would Guess?--BIG Plow Trucks Stuck Every Where!--WE were Farmers & DAD had a Big DOZER! a Cletrack--& It took DAD several Days to Get Our Yard pushed Back Enough so We could Get to Our BARN & Livestock! & We had to Climb UP On Our ROOF! & Shovel Out! around Our CHIMMNEY!--So Our Fire would BURN!--& a lot of People Died in that Snow Storm!--& Roofs Caved IN!--& I don*t want to SEE another like that ONE!--Ole JIM--
  12. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

Tell me about ripple, here in central pa. it was 55 and raining like h=ll. Got a new western mvp just waiting to get out and play. :cry: what part of central pa are you from? :waving:
  13. rainair

rainair Senior Member

cheese with that whine

come to central and west central OHIO!
    Plows stuck 48 hour shut down of the whole area
    just like a door knob, everyone gets their turn
    be like DR's your going to get your shot!
  14. jcmjclem

jcmjclem Junior Member

Snow.... what's snow......In NJ the forecasts does not show snow for aloooooooooong time! I'm thinking golf, maybe!!!! Figures, this year I'm ready and on schedule. No putting things into place the night before a storm!!! :angry: :realmad: :angry: :yow!:
  15. Mainiac

Mainiac Member

Way to warm yesterday and even today here in Casco, Maine.
    Ole Jim is right about the storms we used to get, I remember growing up in the 70's in Litchfield (20 minutes South of Augusta) we used to be trick or treating with snow on the ground. Those days are gone for a long time. Thanks to global warming, if you believe it.
  16. bolensdriver

We get snow in NH every October, except this year. Last year, even the town was plowing in early October.