1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trivial question?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wildwilly, Jan 6, 2010.

1. wildwilly

wildwilly Member

gents:
    Last night I was out doing some work and approached a resi drive..dropped the plow and my controller went out...panic and frustrated I checked the controller plug for loose wires ...nothing!!!....popped the hood trying to look like I know what's wrong lol..finally found a fuse by the solonoid...it had popped thank god I had an extra...but at the same time I was thinking why didn't the salesman give an overview of the whole system (I'm fairly handy but I know my limitations).
    I have an arctic 108" poly straight blade..I worked the plow all last year and 2x this year...would there be an obvious reason for the fuse to go or could there be an underlying problem..I would rather be proactive rather than be out in the middle of a night and have a BIG problem that could have been prevented
    thanks Bill

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You think all these dealers would offer a class on the plows we buy. Yes I know if you know how to fix it they will lose money on the repair end.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Bill...try the repair forum......or read your manual

4. wildwilly

wildwilly Member

thanks for your help hydro

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

anytime Bill

6. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

Why didn't the sales man go out and plow the route for you, too?
    Maybe he should call around and get contracts for you.

OR?, maybe you could spend a little time and effort educating yourself on the piece of equipment that is responsible for your ability to make some money. Did you not get an owners manual? Did you look on the manufacturer's website for any additional information? Did you bother to look at anything on the plow that was installed before you took it out into the storm?

The salesman's job is to get you to buy something. He's not a industrial arts professor.

7. wildwilly

wildwilly Member

GEE THANKS DAD!!!!!!
    I forgot to take out the garbage too how long am I grounded for???
    IF YOU BOTHERED to read ... hydro already told me I had the wrong forum...I hope you feel better now you have your rant out I'm soo glad that I get useful info from others here on the site and others look with a microscope on how to be useless.
    By the number of your posts you shouldn't claim to be a plow scientist

Maybe he should call around and get contracts for you.
    I have my own contracts thank you
    Did you not get an owners manual?
    Why yes indeed
    Did you look on the manufacturer's website for any additional information
    Why yes nothing there
    Did you bother to look at anything on the plow that was installed before you took it out into the storm?
    Like ?
    The salesman's job is to get you to buy something.
    AND to supply support for the product being sold so he may sell more AND give good service so that I may tell others

By the amount of questions about equipment problems that come up ALOT of people in this forum do not have the vast amount of mechanical knowledge you possess

get a life pal...&
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs