1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

tripping problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bru z71, Dec 29, 2010.

1. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

i have a mm2 fisher 7 .6 i have found it is tripping out on me and not resetting ever cents i put a 6 inch cutting edge on it this problem has ben happening i have changed the springs this yr allready so i think if i add a spring to it i will be all set ? but i cant find where to get the brackets to mount the spring to my plow http://parts.fisherplows.com/ i have part number 101 but i cant find the brackets any ideas ?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

does it have the correct bolts for the trip edge piviot points ? thay are NOT reg store bolts.

and shouldnt need a 4th spring . thats a light duty with only 3 from the factory on the 7ft 6"

the 8ft and 8ft 6" and 9ft got 4 springs and the 9ft and 10 ft mc town ship size for 6 i think.

sounds like you got other problem first. check for binding trip edge.

3. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

Do you think it has something to do with the 6" x 7.6 by 5/8ths thick its 2 inchs longer then the 4" cutting edge i think it having two more inchs it has more leverage to trip easier ????

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

well the 8ft - up run 6" to start and 8" as extra option.

i know thay say the 8" on the bigger plows make them trip a lot more from the leverage.

so thats prob same with you.