1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Tripometer Stuck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by GLS, Jun 12, 2003.

1. GLS

GLS Senior Member

The trip gauge on my truck is stuck at .9 mi on my 95 chevy truck. It would be nice to have becuase I am trying to figure out how much of the truck I can write off (used for business and personal use). I currently am writing down the start mileage and end mileage. I wish I could just reset the switch when I needed to.

Not a huge deal, but I would like to have it. What can I do to fix it and how much is it gonna cost?

Thanks
    Ryan

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Sounds like something is sticking or broken in the odometer assy.It might just be the reset button that is sticking.Have you tried pulling back on it manually to see if it helps ?

Your probably going to have to pull it out,and visually inspect it to see what is wrong.When you get it out,you may be able to lubricate or free it up,or you may have to replace parts.You could probabaly get a used one for parts,and just put it back in.They are sold as a complete speedo assy from the dealer.

3. GLS

GLS Senior Member

It resets back to zero, it just gets stuck at .9, so pulling out on the reset button doesn't help.

I'll try taking it apart and looking at it.

Thanks for the help
    Ryan

4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Mine is broke in my truck too. Thats the one and only thing in my truck that does not work. I used to reset it so much, like after every drive and one day I heard something either snap or pop out of place and the numbers kinda went all out of line, and that was it. Now it just reads some weird number, not even straight, like off center and when you push in the reset button it does nothing. I would love to fix it, but you have to take the dash apart to get to it and where would you buy parts for that? The dealer? It would seem to me that you couldnt buy parts for that since they may think while you have it out, you may do an odometer roll. :( I did ask my local body shop a few months ago about what I need to do to make it work again and he said there is a place that will fix it but I need to take it out and give it to them, so I just said the hell with it. If you could just buy a whole new trip and put it in, that would be cool, but I dont think that is the case, correct me if Im wrong. Mike :)