1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Triple L's Heavy Haul... 26,000 lbs behind a pickup

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Triple L, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Here are a few pics of the jobs I've been doing last week.... We hauled 56 of those mafia blocks... I didnt think they were that heavy, Till on my second last load, I asked the guy at the factory, how much they actually weigh cause they sure seemed heavy... He said a meter of concrete weights 5500 lbs and there are .9 of a meter so really close... I was like :eek: HOLY CRAP... Im a little over 10,000 lbs overweight :laughing:
    5500 lbs X 4 = 22,000 lbs + 4,660 lbs trailer = alot of weight LOL....

Other pics are of a 12,000 lbs roller, That was a nice haul but it really didnt feel that heavy... Maby cause I was used to the mafia blocks by then LOL

009.jpg

011.jpg

016.jpg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  2. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I like the cement blocks. I've been shopping for some here. I didn't know they weight that much, I thought they were 2300lbs each for the 2'x2'x4' . What did you or your client pay for those? I was quoted $45ea I can get them delivered and placed for $250

3. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Why would you transport them standing up?

4. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Cuz it looks cooler and they have more chances of falling over... Hope hes got something under the strap to stop it from fraying.

5. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I love how Triple L went to Double S

6. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

Haha good observations

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

What liscence class do you have Chad?
    Should you be pulling all that weight?

8. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

The deliver and place quote is high if that's per block. :drinkup:

9. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry Chad I didn't want to cut your loading skills, just wondering that's all.

Nothing pulls better than a fifth wheel trailer, good luck with it.

10. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

He just recently got his G from G2 LOL

11. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Heres MTO at the expo worskhops! They'll put the scales to ur ride quicker than u can say "What??" :eek:

Chad, it looks cool a couple of times but all the better in NOT getting caught!

If you do.......Just run as fast as u can! LOL

mto.jpg

12. Triple L

from Canada

Good question, But its the only way to haul them, they have a hole thru the middle them, about 6" above center so when they move them with the loader they stand upright and dont spin and do circles on the two pieces of pipe which stick into the sides of them.... So laying them down is not even an option...

13. Triple L

from Canada

I believe they are $30 a piece here in Kitchener

14. Triple L

from Canada

Cre, your not gonna belive it, but when i had that roller on, I turned right to jump on to the expressway and what do you know, I cop standing in the middle of the road with that green vest on, just like your picture....I was like you gotta be kidding me... So i just crept up the on ramp toward him, drove by gave him a wave and what do you know, right after me he tells the car behind me to stop.... So I thought fursure he was gonna pull me over but what do you know, he busted the car behind me, guess he didnt come to a complete stop or something LOL... plus I drove by 2 more cops with that thing on.... I think I should have bought a lottery ticket yesterday, I hualed 56 of those stones, so 14 loads, 308,000 lbs LOL

15. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

thats 3500 tripple l?

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think that's a fifth wheel trailer.....

17. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

TripleL that truck looks like it handles that weight good,but if I am not mistaken that trailer only has two 7k axles,if so you were way over,but I could be wrong,Who am I to talk pulling my case backhoe behind my F350 Dually.:laughing:

18. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

goose neck forsure!

19. Triple L

from Canada

Yup its a 3500

Ya it is only 2 7K axles, and its a gooseneck, but same thing as a fifth wheel... Looking back, I probally should have asked how much those blocks weighted on the first load not near the last load LOL... I honestly didnt think they weighted near that much... Anyone else got pics of thier truck haulin heavy? :drinkup:

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707