1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

triping tripblade won't stop triping

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by torquedaddy, Jan 9, 2006.

1. torquedaddy

torquedaddy Junior Member

I have two 9' fisher speedcasters full hydrolique. The one on my f350 has a realy weak trip blade. By that I mean it takes virtualy nothing for the edge to trip and it stays like that until you backup or lift the blade. the one on my 2500 G.M.C. onnly trips when it should. I had the coils replaced last year but now after 8 snowstorms it is doing the same thing. Anyone have any solutions for this problem?

thanks

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

What size cutting edge are you running?? By size I mean how tall, 6'',8'' etc..

If you are running a tall edge it creates more leverage thus allowing the edge to trip easier. Also chech to make sure that the A-frame is paralell to the plowing surface. If your truck is high abd creates a downward angle on the A-frame it will cause it to trip excessively as well.

3. torquedaddy

I have a 6" cutting edge. With the blade in the air I can easily move the tripblade with my foot in a tripping motion.

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Sounds like the springs you put on are bad- if you bought them new from a dealer talk to the dealer. 5 years and counting on the original springs for my MM1 and still the original springs on my Speedcaster from 1986.

5. torquedaddy

That's what I figured. The springs on my other 9' fisher are still good and the blade was bought new in 1993. I think I got f#*^ed.

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Might have the wrong springs, the HD uses different springs than the MC.

7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Good point- I imagine the RD series uses softer springs too.

check if you still have your reciept for the part # they sold you. have them look up the part number for application.

8. torquedaddy

Just an update on my problem. It seems that the top plates which the springs slip through were all bent upwards. They were off about 1/2"-3/4" compared to my other blade.Got outthe torches,sledgehammer,and welder and now i'm back in buisiness! Thanks for the replies. Hope maybe this can help somebody else.

9. bank32

bank32 Member

Glad you were able to fix it without added expense.