1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 02dmaxx, Dec 29, 2008.

1. 02dmaxx

02dmaxx Junior Member
    from Pa.

Which style plow do you prefer and why? Trip edge or Trip blade?

2. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

wow this question is ponder by many!xysport

4. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

hmmm rather no trip at all, this way wide open 60mphand hit solid, truck trips instead :) but wear seat belt just in case air bag dont work lol

5. 02dmaxx

02dmaxx Junior Member
    from Pa.

Oops,my bad:eek:. Sorry for the repost. new here and just bought an '84 chevy with a 7'6" trip edge "Fully hydraulic?" Fisher. I used to plow commercially for a business using a tri axle truck and trip blade. My recently acquired truck is the first trip edge I've ever seen.Wish I wouldn't have hid under that rock for so many yrs.:D
    Thanks for the link

6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I like the trip edge so far! I have a 7.5 fisher! Just watch for the curbs, they have been known to do some crazy stuff to them!

7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Trip edge saves transmissions

there Tim I beat you to it:D

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Only after a put in right infront of ur computer!lol:p

9. 02dmaxx

02dmaxx Junior Member
    from Pa.

Ok, my plow has not 2 not 4,but 3 springs on the trip,and as stated it is all hydraulic,not electric over hydraulic. The plow seems to be built really heavy,500-600# 'ish. any idea how old this unit might be? Has a few reinforcement welds on it already. thanks