1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip Springs?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by green frog, Nov 5, 2008.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I bought a truck that came with a 7.5 western pro plow. It has 5 trip springs and a hammered shock. I already have this plow on my main truck but it has 4 trip springs. What would the benefit of having an extra spring be? Anyone know where to get a shock resonable?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Less likely to trip and also spreads the work load over more springs so theoretically they'll last longer. But the main reason guys add a spring is due to the fact that the originals are worn out. Either they don't realize it, or they don't want to spend the money on replacing all of them. Cheaper to buy one rather than three or four.

Haven't found one yet...the price increase on these trip shocks over the last few years has been ridiculous.