1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trip springs

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by louis613, Sep 13, 2007.

1. louis613

louis613 Junior Member

how the heck do you install new trip springs on a 7.5 meyer plow? i cannot figure it out for the life of me. do you have to unbolt the sector?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

1) Loosen all the lock nuts at the top of the spring eye bolts.
    2) remove all but one of the lock nuts.
    3) Place a floor jack under the a-frame and jack up the plow until the moldboard is an inch or two off the ground.
    4) Now CAREFULLY hold onto the top of the moldboard and remove the last lock nut.
    5) Tip the moldboard forward,this will allow the eye bolts to drop down out of the holes in the moldboard.
    6) Install all the new springs and eye bolts on the springs.
    7) Have a helper giude all the springs with the eye bolts at the same time up into the holes while you tip the moldboard back into position.
    8) Tighten the eye bolts to set the springs to the proper tension.
    9) Tighten the lower jam nuts on the eye bolts.

3. louis613

louis613 Junior Member

that must be the problem. right now, i have all the springs and eye bolts removed, and my moldboard does not move. seems like its stuck. what do i do?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your pivot pins are froze up where the moldboard pivots on the sector.Very common on the Meyer plows. You'll need to get the pins out and after you do I highly recommend replacing them with the newer style greaseable pivot pins. Do a search on here about the Meyer pivot pins and you'll find a lot of good reading...