1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trip springs

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by fordzilla1155, Mar 18, 2007.

1. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

After this iceburg of a storm, I sprung 3 out of 4 trip springs? These were replaced with the $8.00 no name brand. Has anyone found a spring that does not sprung?

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

What do you mean by "sprung". I have had 1 trip spring break right at the mounting eye once. Now if any wear is seen in that spot all the trip springs and eye bolts are replaced.

3. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

spring steel is out of alignment very loose

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Loose trip springs are a sign that the pivot pins are worn or the stops(what keeps the blade from tilting back toward the truck) are worn. Chances are the springs are still good.
    Loosen up the trip springs and check for play in the pivot pins. If OK then build up some weld on the stops.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Make sure your pivot pins are not worn real bad. Tighten your King Bolt and ram bolts. The springs need adjusted to the point where the coils just start to separate.
    I have 3 Non -OEM springs on my 4 sping-er that have been on the plow for 5 years.
    It trips great when it needs to.