1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip springs rubbing on pump housing?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by stroker79, Feb 27, 2007.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I have a 8.2 V and when the plow is in the up position or stacking, the trip springs rub on the bottom edge of the pump housing. When its going up the springs snap rib by rib and the sound it makes is horrendus. I thought something was broken because of the crackling sound it makes. Anyway, is this normal? Is there a way to fix it? How?

Thanks everyone!

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

HMM! How old is the plow? What I am thinking is your pivot pins are worn out and you are getting alot more play than you are suppost to. Do you know what pins I am talking about? I have the same plow and mine does not do that. But like I said your pivot pins are probably shot.

Ryan

3. stroker79

Its basically brand new. I just got it in december. I will try to get some pics up to help clarify things. As far at the pivot pins, im not 100% clear at what pins those are.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

The pins I am talking about are the pins the A-frame pivots on. Those will wear over time becoming oblong and out of shape. That was a thought if the plow was older but yours is almost brand new. Some pics will helpful. Did you call your dealer and ask him about it? The plow is only 2 months old I would bring it back in and have them look at it.

Ryan

5. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

My 9'2" made the same kind of ungodly racket when it was new but I never found anything wrong. I had mine back to the dealer also and we cyled it on the truck with a loader on tractor to simulate a trip but couldn't find anything wrong. Mine is 3 yrs old now and the only thing that has broke was 1 cutting edge bolt. It doesn't make any noise now. Hope you have the same luck as me. You have a 2 yr warr on it from Boss but I realize that doesn't cover down time and aggravation if it is broke. Good luck!

6. stroker79

Ok, finally got some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is with the plow off the truck but it is esentially the same position as if it were on the truck but with the plow all the way up i beleive.

Any thoughts??

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

One thing I am wondering is if something is bent on your A-frame. The only other thing I can think of is to just not lift the plow up all the way you know, I mean to just finish out the season. Then I would bring her back to the dealer and say WTF! I just looked at mine and it is about a 1/4th of an inch between the springs and the pump housing. Hope you get it figured out.

Ryan

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  8. stroker79

Cool thanks for your reply. I suppose ill take it in at the end of this season. I will take a close look at everything before I go out next just to make sure there isnt anything really big thats wrong.

Anyone else have any thoughts?