1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip Springs MD75

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jdmcsnow, Jan 31, 2012.

1. jdmcsnow

jdmcsnow Junior Member

Hey,

I'm using my plow for the 2nd season and love it. I was just wondering if it is tweakable. My 2000 Silverado is a low rider and I had the torsion bars jacked up. It does the job for what I use it for but it will trip over easy if it's wet heavy snow and less than a foot.(have to make a few passes) I read an old thread that said the low push bar should be 9 inches off the ground and level. What is the "low push bar"? Is that the hydraulic arms? Mine is only about 5 inches off the ground when the blade is dropped? Do I need Timbrens? Can I get heavy springs or ? I only do light plowing but would sure like professional input on how to maximize my MD investment without spending a zillion dollars? Thanks to all in advance!!wesport

2. sinboo50

sinboo50 Junior Member

I have an MD as well and have the same problem. I realize it is a light duty plow but it sure is easy to trip the blade. I tightened up the springs to see if that helps but also wonder if more heavy duty springs might be in order and if so are there concerns?

3. jdmcsnow

jdmcsnow Junior Member

Agree

I agree, but I wanted to hear from someone who put tougher springs on and see if it helped. Does your plow sit 9" up from the push bar and was it factory installed? layton Truck in Aurora Colorado did mine, I think it's too low from what others have posted?

4. sinboo50

sinboo50 Junior Member

Try posting in the Snowdogg section... I bet you will get more replies.

5. sinboo50

sinboo50 Junior Member

Layton did mine too... I don't think it is 9 inches up either.. but sits pretty level.

Edit - I just checked an it is about 9 inches.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  6. jdmcsnow

jdmcsnow Junior Member

Thanks

Thanks, I just posted there too. Let me know if you need help with the 2 feet you are going to get tomorrow! I'm in Edwards

JD

7. sinboo50

sinboo50 Junior Member

Yeah.. looks like an interesting storm tomorrow.

I just cranked down the springs today so will see how much that helps.

8. jdmcsnow

jdmcsnow Junior Member

Adjusted

Me too, I adjusted them for the first time (my 2nd season) yesterday. Had to crank them amost to the max to get a card to slide through, maybe it will help. I don't have a problem unless it's wet crap though, works great in dry, any depth!

9. sinboo50

sinboo50 Junior Member

10. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

I had the same problem with my MD75 last year. This season I cranked the trip springs as tight as they could go. I even took the nut off the back side of the moldboard frame. So far the 2 times i used it this season I haven't had any problems.

11. jdmcsnow

jdmcsnow Junior Member

12. sinboo50

sinboo50 Junior Member

Yep. There it is...

13. sinboo50

sinboo50 Junior Member

Might have to try the back nut removal if it does not do any better on this next storm.

Thanks!

14. jdmcsnow

jdmcsnow Junior Member

I am about maxed also, that sounds like a good idea to take the nut off, I will do the same before I replace them. I also have a new set of springs with the nut kits under my seat. It really isn't a huge problem, just kinda annoying the couple of times that it happened. I don't want to do other damage by stiffening it up is my concern. i would rather deal with the occasional tripping than do frame damage or run my head through the windshield!!