1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip Spring Tool

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by FordFisherman, Feb 12, 2009.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Anybody have a trip spring tool they want to sell or rent out?
  2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

just use 2 pairs of vise grips and walk it down and put the little pin or a screw driver through the hole to hold it down!!! pretty simple thats what i do
  3. Acmemechanic

Acmemechanic Senior Member

Spring Puller

I borrowed one once.Then Made My Own with a Longer Throw.10" piece of 4" Channel 3 Small pieces of Flat Stock 13" Piece of 7/16 threaded rod W nuts.Drill a large Enough hole In The Flat For the Threaded Rod Center and Weld on 1 end of the channel.Make 2 more tabs out of the Flat Stock Drill holes at one end to accept a thru bolt.Square and weld tabs on the threaded rod.Put it together and It Better than What you Can Buy.Your local Welder would'nt Charge much to Make it I dont think.
  4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Thanks for the ideas.