1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip spring question ?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Wicked500R, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Does anyone else have a problem with springs losing tension and the trip edge getting weak ? I put on 4 new spring assemblies last year and two of the springs have like a 1/4" of play in them... I can push the edge with my foot it's so loose... I 'm pretty sure the springs are aftermarket... It works fine but it's rather annoying.

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

how old is your blade? if they're aftermarket springs, are they the correct ones for your plow?

3. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

The blade was an older one. I restored it last year. The springs were correct and were nice and tight when 1st installed. I have a thread one here from last year when I did all the work... search for Custom built plow truck...

4. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

oh yeh i remember that. very nice job by the way, i love the old dodges. but the spring thing is weird, I've never heard of that before. ask B&B lol

6. MustangFox302HO

MustangFox302HO Junior Member
    from Mass

the plates on that hold the top of the springs r most likely bent from wear u need to take the springs out and bend them back and have a welder put gustits on then look at a new xtreme v or an MC fisher they have what i am talking about. my friend who welds did it to one of his plows