1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip spring mount

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mike13, Dec 16, 2013.

1. mike13

mike13 Member
    from mass

This past storm I wore down the cutting edge to far an ground off the mount an bracket for the trip spring. 8'mm1.
    I thought I could get one more storm out of the edge but the town changed my route that was twice as long as my original. The question is after I put a new edge on could I just leave 1 of 4 springs off ? I plow town roads that are all newly paved an no raised grates. If not what's the best way to repair besides new trip edge

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I had one fall off a few years back. I plow roads too. It worked ok like that with one missing. But the other ones are real thin to. Didnt last long like that. You could get somone to weld new tabs on or find another trip edge. My plow was beat any way so I replaced the whole plow, I found one iin good shape at the local junkyard. It was an older speadcast so I had to use my A frame.

3. mike13

mike13 Member
    from mass

That's what I thought. The others are still in good shape. I only use old speed cast blades they're more heavy duty then the new ones. I can get 1- 2 yrs more out of this one I'll be happy.

4. MOXIE

MOXIE Member

If you wore out the trip spring clevises, is the A frame too low. If you raise the rear of the A frame {to bottom hole} it will trip easier and lift the clevises . MOXIE

5. LON

LON Senior Member

Just lay a piece of 3/8" x 1" or 1-1/4" under the old tab, weld it in place, run a ream through the hole to re-establish the bottom of the hole and re-connect the spring. Fixed many this way.

6. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Ya that fix does not sound like a big deal with the right tools.
    T.J.