1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip spring issues

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bdryer, Dec 16, 2011.

1. bdryer

bdryer Senior Member

Have a CP8 with trip springs that are loose, and the bolts are maxed out... no further adjustments can be made. Only see one size spring available from Meyer (15"). Suggestions? Thanks guys.

2. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

Springs are worn what is sounds like to me. I adjust mine every year and before I max out the adjustment I replace them. If you don't run them really tight and adjust them as recommended they should last for many seasons.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Actually is normally due to losing the curvature of the moldboard structure from use, flattening out basically. Nothing you can really do to prevent it, just the nature of the design. Eventually they all get like that. A semi-permanent fix is to add material to the the stops to push the moldboard forward a little.

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Worn trip pins also cause this. With the blade mounted on the truck sitting on the ground the top and bottom edge of the plow should look straight up and down when looking from the side. If it looks like it is leaning back, check the pivot pins and the stops between the moldboard and sector. Had to weld in new stops on one ST moldboard we had.

5. bdryer

bdryer Senior Member

Great information guys! Found a couple of stress cracks on the frame (moldboard), and the stops are worn. Working to get them fixed now. Interesting. Lots of information on this site, and its all because of the people who are on here. Thanks!Thumbs Up