1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trip Spring Install (Meyers Plow)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tilelayher, Nov 30, 2004.

1. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

Just bought a Meyers Classic 7.5 for my Super Dity 03' F250 its STL- 7.5 with 3 trip springs. When i install the springs and adjust them the plow does not sit flat it leans forward way too much? how do i fix this i tried everything, i installed the A fram before the springs cause a cant get the king bolt in place after u install the springs. i am clueless what to do it looks so simple. some one help me. thanks

2. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

more info

new or used? I tried to pull up the directions on the meyer site and could not find the "Classic model". i have a picture of a three spring trip and it looks like it hits some stops bolted on. 2 thoughts: plow is hitting main pivot bolt which is upside down.truck is high causing frame to tilt down. the directions for mine where less than helpful. I ended up doing a few things twice my self. I think they do this to try to discourage us and force us to go to the dealer.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  3. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

plows brand new, the directions suck, plow isnt on the truck yet but it sit badly i will try to post a picture heres one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

plowsit.JPG

fgf.JPG

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Seems you have too much slack in the spring tensioners. Or you have the wrong length springs. Will it sit right when you take the slack out? Can't see too clear in the pic.

5. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

before we set up the springs it sat perfect one i had to lean the blade forward alittle to put the springs in to get them in place after i started torque'n them down the blade started to shoot up. i dont get it and this was a complete kit that i got

6. Bolts Indus.

Can you take a better picture? Closer, brighter?

7. mdd

mdd Member

how was the moldboard positioned when you installed the springs?

8. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

Spring size seems to be right, I just checked mine and it has 29 coils. I think I can count that many in that picture.

9. slapshotmike24

slapshotmike24 Member

Too Long

This is just my .02 cents, but i think that the springs are for the larger heavy duty plows. They may have the same number of coils, but they look way too long. I would try some new springs and see if they are the right size.

10. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

I had to lean it forward because that was the only way i could get the springs in but once i started tightening them up it leaned foreward even more

11. Bolts Indus.

I concur. Springs are too long.

12. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

the springs he has on there right now are correct for the application, either the king bolt is installed upside down or you are not putting enough tension on the springs, when they are set right a normal business card will fit in between the coils in the middle

13. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

The king bolt is installed from the bottom up like it said in the directions, so u can see the lock nut on top. I would tighten the springs up and by the time they started to get type they were all the way down the threaded eye bolt and there was about 2 inches at least of exposed threading at the top and then the blade would be leaning forward so much that the sleds on the mouldboard would not touch the ground at all

14. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

It look like you have the STL light duty blade, in which case you have the wrong springs. For the STL blades, Meyer uses the two meter springs. Meyer designed the STL blade for F150's so that you can stay under the GAWR for the front. If the dealer you got it from knows anything about Meyer plows, then he should know right away that those are the wrong spings. If it's still confusing, just look at a regular ST blade and then look at the STL blade and notice where the top holes are drilled for the eyebolts. I've seen quite a few STL blades and they all have the two meter springs. Good luck. :drinkup:

Don't ya love it when the dealer gives you the wrong stuff?!? :realmad:

15. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

it is an stl 7.5 blade and i ordered an st-7.5

16. tilelayher

tilelayher Member

In case anyone cares It was the wrong blade, got an St-7.5 and now the plows done and all hooked up and works great, thanks guys

17. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

doesn't that piss u off when you get home with the wrong stuff and you call the dealer and they swear up and down that it's correct and the problem you the installer. then you take it back to them and they are like "oh, sorry".